PDF doesn't export

Hi,

I've tried to export a collection to another used Zotero Library using RDF format. My PDFs are attached as a "stored copy of the file". However, when my colleague tried to import the collection, the pdf didn't follow.

I've also tried to share the collection via the "GROUP" option. I see the PDFs are there, but they don't open.

Can you help me?
  • edited October 25, 2020
    Can you open the PDF in the library you're exporting from? If you right-click and choose Show File, does it appear within a subfolder of 'storage' within your Zotero data directory?

Are you choosing "Export Files" when you export?

When you export it, is there a 'files' subfolder of the export directory that contains a numbered folder with the PDF in it?
  • I've also tried to share the collection via the "GROUP" option. I see the PDFs are there, but they don't open.
    The file needs to exist locally in the library you're copying from, and the group you're copying to needs to allow file editing. If you copied previously unsuccessfully, you need to delete the item in the target library and empty the trash before trying again.
  • Yes to everything you've mentionned
  • OK, so if the file is present in a numbered folder within 'files' in your exported folder, are they importing into their personal library or a group library? If a group library, does it have file editing enabled?

(But really they should post here, with a Debug ID for the import attempt, because the problem would be on their end.)

For sharing via the group, what do you mean by "the PDFs are there, but they don't open"? Don't open where?