error of the "locate"

I wanted to click the "locate" button and add some new websites to search the detailed information of my files. But there was an error that I couldn't select related website.
[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: locateMenu.lastChild is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/locateMenu.js" line: 63}]
Report ID: 48686489
  • Sorry, not quite following, could you say exactly what you did? You clicked locate and then Manage Locate Engines (and then something else?)
  • I clicked locate and then Manage Locate Engines, but I couldn't select the button like "CrossRef""Google scholar". In addition, I added other websites to the "engine. json" file, however, I couldn't use these websites.
  • In addition, I added other websites to the "engine. json"
    Was that before you started to have these issues? If so, I'd guess something is wrong with the modified engine.json file. Did you validate it with a JSON validator (it could still be defect, but at least that'd ensure valid JSON)
  • I tried to restart zotero. Now it worked normally. I guess something is wrong with the modified engine.json.file, then I will have a check. Thanks!