PDF index unknown

Hello,

I have a simple question : in some occasion, it happens that PDFs in my data base don't show number of pages on the information panel, and the index status is "unknown" (instead of "no", or "yes". "No", turning generally quickly to "yes" after a while. Despite this "unknown" index status, the PDF remains searchable.
Any ideas ? My Zotero version : 5.0.91
Thank you
Patrice
  • Various possible reasons, but one is that the info file that contains the pages info just couldn't be read or written for some reason, for example if security software on the system blocks (intermittently or otherwise) the tool we use to determine that.

There was also a bug previously where full-text content synced from other computers where you'd run reindexing manually without the content changing could show up as Unknown. That was fixed in March, but existing items could still say Unknown. If you click the reindex button in the info pane, it should change to Yes.
  • Thank you for your answer, it is probably the first reason (no effect when clicking the reindex button).

That beeing said, I made several trials modifying the document properties, transforming the document into pictures then back to OCR and PDF with no results. As the PDF is perfectly searchable, and that this problem is seldomly seen, I will just ignore it !

Patrice
  • Sorry, it turns out there was a bug in 5.0.91 on Windows that would cause "Unknown" to appear. Fixed in 5.0.92, available now.
  • Great, it works fine,

Thank you

Patrice