Paid for unlimited storage but Zotero still enforcing limits

I just purchased the unlimited storage subscription but Zotero is still telling me I have reached my limit and will not upload files.

The specific error message is:
The group '' has reached its Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

The group owner can increase the group's storage capacity from the storage settings section on zotero.org.
  • Yes, the message is correct. Storage is counted against the group owner's quota. If you're not the group owner, your storage is irrelevant. As the message says, the group owner can increase their quota, or they can transfer ownership to you.
  • I am the group owner.
  • What's the group name (or the first few letters)?
  • HCSSL. And i paid for UNLIMITED storage.
  • You're an admin of that group, not the owner.
  • Also, files in my local storage are not syncing to online. It seems the HCSSL problem is causing everything else to fail. Just added a PDF to in another library to check syncing. it did not sync.
  • how do i change ownership? that student is long gone. or do i jsut clone the library and remove that one?
  • and why is nothing else syncing?
  • Before we continue, at any point do you plan to apologize for your tweets publicly accusing Zotero of trying to rip you off? Because, personally, I'd be a bit more inclined to help you if you did that.

Files in other libraries should sync even if you have a quota error in one library. If you think that's not happening, we'd want to see a Debug ID for the first sync after adding a file to another library and clicking the Sync button.
    how do i change ownership? that student is long gone. or do i jsut clone the library and remove that one?
    You can contact the owner of the group and ask them to transfer it to you. Otherwise, we can only transfer a group if it has a clear institutional connection to you that we can verify. If that's the case, you can email support@zotero.org with details.

Other than that, you'd have to duplicate the group contents, yes. You can't delete it, since you're not the owner, but you can leave it.
  • AHA. Thank you . quitting the desktop client and restarting, and adding a test note to one entry, seems to ahve solved the problem.