Can't open attached files from Zotero library

In the last week, when I try to open PDFs/attached papers directly from my Zotero library, instead of opening the paper in a new browser tab, multiple browser tabs are opened, with a new browser tab for individual parts of the web address of the article that I am trying to open. Because the browser (Chrome) doesn't know what to make of this, there is a "file not found" message on each page.

For example, I am trying to open an article titled "Discovery of a 382-nt deletion during the early evolution of SARS-CoV-2". I used the Zotero extension in Chrome to download the article and associated PDF to Zotero. Below is the error message from one of 15 new browser tabs opened when I double click the entry for this article in my Zotero library (note the word "discovery" in the error message below, which is from the title of the article).

This site can’t be reached
discovery’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I updated Zotero today to version 5.0.91 and this is still happening. To the best of my knowledge, I have not moved any files or folders.

Any insight would be more than appreciated! Currently, I have to copy the title of the article, search in Google Scholar, and find the pdf online.

Thanks in advance,

Jenn
This discussion has been closed.