Attempting to rename a tag generates Zotero and Firefox error

Hi,

Every attempt at renaming any tags in Zotero generate a message indicating a Firefox error and that it must be restarted. A pop-up window also appears and instructs to post a message to Zotero forums with the following report ID : 1597106813 together with a description of the problem, indicating that such problems have to be posted in the forums to be considered.

Any suggestion on the resolution of this problem?

Best regards,

David
  • I received the same error using 2.0.6b3 on Firefox 3.0.12 on MacOSX 10.5.7 PPC. It was after updating the Plugin from 2.0.6b2, clearing the whole local database and restore from Zotero.org and my std. WebDAV Server. The related entry is an entry inside a private group we use to share research inside our company when using different user accounts. So the entry was originated before the restore on another user account than the account / session invoking the error. There were some tags added successfully to the foreign researches inside the group. The rename was necessary due to a typo when entering the tag. In this case now two tags should be joined: renaming the wrong tag to the correct existing tag (resulting in joining to the correct tag). This was reproducable twice after restarting Firefox. The error was invoked after hitting return in the rename dialog box. I will add the first and a second error ID here: 347809419 , 2079122680
  • Workaround:
    - Add the tagname you want the tag to be renamed as a new tag.
    - Select all items related to the old tag by clicking on it (one of them should already have the new tag if you restrict the tag list to the tags of the current list.
    - Then drag&drop all the items in the list on the new tag.
    - Delete the old tag by removing it.
    Done!
  • Thanks a lot acsr. Should've thought about that one!
    That will be the way to go until the bug is eventually fixed in Zotero.
  • This should be fixed in 2.0b6.5, now available.