Let the frist word of title in uppercase

Hello,

I am using zotero for firefox as my refence manager and according to my citation style, in case, ABNT, when there is no author at the reference the first word of the title must be in uppercase, and I tried to do it at the csl file, but I don't know the right command to do it.

Tks,

André Leal.
  • If you mean all uppercase, that is not possible in CSL. There is no facility for manipulating individual words in an ordinary field.
  • It's a pity!

And the csl language can not be changed to make it easier to work?
  • Hello,

Still same answer? Not possible to uppercase just first words?

Thanks!
  • I’m not exactly sure what you mean. Can you give an example?
  • edited October 1, 2020
    @bwiernik The last time I worked with folks in Brazil who used ABNT style they needed to have the entire first word of the title formatted in all-upper case. (The first two words if the first word was an article.) This format was used for items without a personal or institutional author. In the case I remember the citation was (in English) "A NOTICE of high rabies risk from free dogs in ..." Although this printed broadside was apparently issued by a branch of the local government and gave local phone numbers to call, there were no agencies listed. [The report my friend worked on concerned a non-coordinated response to a rabies outbreak and cited examples of public warning notices.] I recall that the Portuguese equivalent of the English "anonymous" or "S.N." for an unknown author was considered inappropriate at the beginning of a citation. I don't know if this was a requirement of the ABNT style standard or if it was for a university's adaptation of the style.

@luisiafalves To my knowledge there have been no changes to CSL that will allow full-word case formatting since Frank Bennett commented in 2014. There will soon be changes to expand the capabilities of CSL but someone actively involved in that project will need to comment.
  • There are currently no plans to allow this in CSL, no. Definitely not with the next release (which just adds fields/variables/terms), I'm skeptical about the one after, too.
  • Thanks, @DWL-SDCA. It's exactly like that. It's a requirement of the ABNT style standard.

Thank you for the update, @adamsmith !