Drag & drop on Linux

Hi,
I am using Endless linux and zotero, but i can't add files trougth drag and drop.

how can i import a folder full of pdfs??
  • Dragging and dropping files — not folders — should just work, but we can only vouch for the official tarball. If you're using a packaged version on Linux — e.g., the Snap version — we can't provide support for that.
  • i installed zotero using app center of endless.
  • That's a package. We don't have anything to do with that.
  • could you explain? It has all the functions, even the update
  • edited September 28, 2020
    As I say, we can only vouch for the official tarball. That's standard for any Linux software where the developers don't maintain the packages.

Snap in particular (which may or may not be what Endless uses) runs programs in a sandbox and has various differences that can break things. You can try to get that to work — and search the forums for threads on it — but we don't provide help for that.

You should always try to reproduce a problem with the official tarball before posting here.
  • @carvalhar: But if drag and drop isn't working, you can also add multiple files via the New Item menu → "Store Copy of File.…". That may or may not work better if you're running Zotero within a sandbox.
  • I had this problem with the flathub version. It's super convenient to be able to drag and drop, and it's also super convenient to install the version from flathub if you're on e.g., fedora, rather than from the taball.

You can enable it, thus:

sudo flatpak override org.zotero.Zotero --filesystem=home

And you don't even need to restart Zotero.

I have no idea whether snap has something similar, but I would imagine that it does.