My Zotero does not work with World Cat

Does anyone know what I can do to stop getting the "troubleshooting issue" on my account. I was able to save documents from other websites, but does not seem to work with World Cat.
  • Usually this is a problem with an institution's WorldCat subscription, but if you can provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the page and attempting to save, we can tell you more.
  • As a librarian teaching Zotero workshops to our university students, I continue to have the same problem daily. When I try to save items to Zotero from a page of WorldCat Discovery search results using the yellow folder icon, I get the error message about "translator troubleshooting issues" about 80% of the time (and have not been able to figure out why sometimes it DOES work!!). If I choose an ebook result and actually go into the platform for that particular ebook, Zotero will save it with the blue book icon.
    I have discovered that when Zotero will not save (and I get the error above), neither is WorldCat able to Cite the item using their "Export to RIS" option. I have opened a tech support inquiry with WorldCat and awaiting a response.
  • I also am not able to submit any items to Zotero from WorldCat Discovery. I submitted the debug report. The id is D530657924

Thanks for your help.
  • Forgot to add the report ID 1414644811
  • Could you check the same thing as StMarci above? Does the Export to RIS option work in Worldcat for you? If it doesn't, there's really nothing we can do and this is an issue to report to OCLC/your library.
  • At Montreal University we have the same problem here. ID debug : D1210970593
    When we try to save items to Zotero from a page of our WorldCat Discovery instance (https://umontreal.on.worldcat.org), we get an error message. And it's the same thing for the Export to RIS option.

Thank you for your help!
  • The specific error appears to be with the non-English interfaces of Worldcat (I'm pretty sure both Zotero and RIS export will work if you switch to English), but it's entirely a Worldcat issue -- they'll need to fix it. I don't think we can even reasonably work around it from the Zotero end.
  • Ok thank you @adamsmith
    I will contact OCLC.