Zotero tab isn't appearing in Word

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word Plugin Troubleshooting.
  • I am facing the same problem. I am using Word 2019.

I have followed through the steps until "manual installation instruction" on the website but it is not solving the problem.
    In my Word Startup file, there is the zotero.dotm folder, but when I open Word, the Zotero tab is still not appearing on my ribbon.
    I did try to cut and paste the zotero.dot file in the startup folder instead, but instead of "zotero" tab, "Add-ins" tab appeared on my ribbons which has like a simplified version of the Zotero tab I have been using.

Maybe some problem with the .dotm file?
  • instead of "zotero" tab, "Add-ins" tab appeared on my ribbons which has like a simplified version of the Zotero tab I have been using
    Can you take a screenshot of what you're describing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here? Screenshots of 1) the File Locations window that shows your active startup folder location and 2) an Explorer window that shows Zotero.dotm in that folder would also be helpful.

You can email the screenshots to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread if that's easier.
  • @shahira0106 Did you follow the full troubleshooting steps? https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_tab_does_not_appear_in_the_word_ribbon

Does Zotero.dotm not appear in the Developer tab Word Add-Ins section?