Lookup Failed

Hi,
It is now a couple of days that I cannot add references to Zotero by their identifier.
For example I am trying to add https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-2649-2 and it results in
"Zotero could not find a record for the specified identifier. Please verify the identifier and try again."

I have submitted my debug output with ID D1178713945.

Thank you!
  • That wouldn't be a general problem. Metadata just hasn't been made available for that DOI by the registration agency, so there's nothing for Zotero to retrieve.

Most DOIs should work fine.
  • FWIW Nature, in particular, and some other journals/publishers can take 2 weeks (or more) to submit article metadata to CrossRef after they have supplied article metadata to databases or placed articles on their websites. [Every day I identify newly-published relevant articles via PubMed. Several publishers provide metadata to databases that doesn't include an abstract but include an abstract on their website. I believe that about 5% of the time that I use the DOI to access the publisher website (to get the abstract from the webpage) the DOI fails and I must use the article title to reach the abstract.]

Some other publishers use DOI registry systems that do not allow Zotero to access the metadata.
  • Thank you both for your help!