Trying to edit a style

Hello,

I'm using the style "Annales. Histoire, Sciences Sociales" for my dissertation but in the case of a journal article that is online (no print version), I can't find a way to have the URL appear in the footnote.

I know I have to edit the style (I've done it a couple time for minor aspects) but I haven't been able to figure out what to add and where, in order to showcase the URL of online journal articles.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I've browsed the forum but haven't found a solution. Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Hi,

Before we give you specifics on how to edit, is this a general error in the style that should be fixed for everyone and not just you or just a personal preference?
  • Also, you'll likeley want to check the "Include URL" option in the cite--> styles tab of the Zotero pferences. That might even already be sufficient for what you need.
  • @adamsmith : I did that, to no avail. I think the style needs to be manually edited to show URL in footnote.

I have tried to read the code of other styles that do this but I haven't been able to locate the relevant segment and copy-paste it in "Annales"

@damnation : I don't know but I feel like this style has no option to show URL of academic journal articles.