Report ID: 1022816141 I can't download PDF from CNKI.net

Codes below are the details of the error report, it seems like my translators are not well loaded...
and here is my error report ID: 1022816141
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[JavaScript Error: "Translators not yet loaded"]
Warning: NetUtil.newChannel(uri) deprecated, please provide argument 'aWhatToLoad'
version => 5.0.91-beta.1 +42e74fb8c, platform => MacIntel, OSCpu => Intel Mac OS X10.15, locale => zh-CN, appName = > Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.91-beta.1 + 42e74fb8c, extensions => ZoteroQuickLook (1.4.2, extension), Zotero DOI Manager (1.3.9, extension), Jasminum (0.0.6, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration(5.0.23.SA. 5.0.91- beta.1 +42e74fb8c, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.29.SA.5.0.91- beta.1 + 42e74fb8c, extension), Shockwave Flash (33.0.0.401, plugin)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to use CNKI.net very often, it drives me almost crazy.
I do have the access to download PDF from it, so I guess it must be Zotero's fault, but I don't understand the meaning of these codes...
Plz, I appreciate someone telling me what should I do.
  • edited September 13, 2020
    We'd want an example URL and a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero for a save attempt that didn't save the PDF.

Also, to be clear, are you seeing the PDF line in the save popup with a red X next to it, or are you not seeing the PDF listed at all?
    Hi, dstillman. Thank you for your reply.

Sorry that I didn't provide an example URL and my Debug ID, now here they are.

URL from CNKI.net: https://kns.cnki.net/KCMS/detail/detail.aspx?dbcode=CCND&dbname=CCNDLAST2017&filename=RMRB201710280012&uid=WEEvREcwSlJHSldRa1Fhb09pSnNwL3NRM2UwcU51dStNUXVrNmFTaVZJbz0=$9A4hF_YAuvQ5obgVAqNKPCYcEjKensW4ggI8Fm4gTkoUKaID8j8gFw!!&v=MDU1MjFPc09EaE5LdWhkaG5qOThUbmpxcXhkRWVNT1VLcmlmWmVadkV5dnNVN3ZMSWxzVE55RFpiTEc0SDliTnI0MU5a

Debug ID: D421534390

By the way, I've replaced translators just now, the Error "Translators not yet loaded" has disappeared, but the "Warning" is remained.

And I can see the PDF line in the save popup, but with a red X, thanks for your help.
    I have reinstalled Zotero and the problem is remained, but I just simply reinstalled it, not uninstalling and wiping the data then installing.
  • You just provided a Debug ID for Zotero startup, not for the save attempt.

You also didn't answer this question:
    are you seeing the PDF line in the save popup with a red X next to it, or are you not seeing the PDF listed at all?
    What does it say when you hover over the save button?
  • Sorry, let me describe what I'm seeing. I hit the button, and I can see the name of the paper which I want to download , and "Full Text PDF" in red below the name, with a red X on the left of "Full text PDF".

And the new Debug ID is: D1734037340
  • That's still not a Debug ID for the save attempt. Note that, if you've already saved since loading the page, you need to reload the page to save again. Clicking the save button again just reopens the same popup (in case you want to change the target collection).
  • Yes, I've already known what you said, although I refresh the page, or I reopen both Safari and Zotero, the problem is still there.

I wander if you can tell me how to save a Debug ID for the save attempt?
    Should I enable "Debug Output Logging" in "Help", then hit the save button immediately, and submit the Output?
    I operated once again just now in this way, and the code below is the new Debug ID.

D1472380077

Really thanks for your patience.
  • There's just nothing related to the save reaching the Zotero app while you're logging output. You can use View Output to see for yourself. It really looks like you're just logging reopening of the save popup.

But also, if this is Safari, we're not currently providing any support for the beta Safari connector. If you can reproduce this in Firefox or Chrome, we'll take a look. We'll provide support for Safari again this fall when we release a Zotero Connector for Safari 14, as explained on that page.
  • Okay, but I still have no idea with Debug output logging, I can only read "Downloaded PDF was not a PDF".
    Anyway, thank you very much and I'm looking forward to your Zotero Connector for Safari 14, seems like I could only download papers in an old way, but that's fine for me, hope you can gain more achievements.
  • You don't need to read it — the point is just that you can see that almost nothing is logged if you just click the save button after you've already saved once on a page. That's what's in the reports you've submitted so far. We need you to submit one that actually includes the "Downloaded PDF was not a PDF" line.
  • Whaaaaat?? Didn't it include the line?? I had read it then submitted it.

Do me a favor, plz. Here is a new Debug ID, but if you can't see the "Downloaded PDF was not a PDF" line, I have to give up and wait for new version.

D53536296

And a tiny part of it is:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (2)(+0000002): Downloaded PDF was not a PDF

(3)(+0000000): <!doctype html> 安全验证 audio,canvas,progress,video{display:inline-block;vertical-align:baseline}audio:not([controls]){display:none;height:0}button,input,optgroup,select,textarea{color:inherit;font:inherit;margin:0}button{overflow:visible}button,select{text-transform:none}button,html input[type=button],input[type=reset],input[type=submit]{-webkit-appearance:button;cursor:pointer}button[disabled],html input[disabled]{cursor:default}butto

(2)(+0000007): Saving attachment failed
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope these codes are useful.
  • (5)(+0000006): {"libraryID":1,"libraryName":"我的文库","libraryEditable":true,"editable":true,"id":18,"name":"
    I don't know what's going on — this isn't a problem we've seen before — but it looks like your debug output is getting cut off somehow.

In any case, from the "安全验证" in the output you can see that it's getting some sort of "security verification" page when it tries to download the PDF. The Zotero app gets the site cookies from the Zotero Connector and should be able to access the same content, but very occasionally sites try to do additional access checks that can break saving of the PDF. We don't have PDF access to CNKI, so I'm not able to tell you more than that.

It's also possible this is just a bug with the beta Safari Connector, which you could check by trying to save from Firefox or Chrome.
  • Wow, you let me know it clearly, then I will find out what's going on, so it's not Zotero's fault, I will check it in other ways.

Thank you so much for your help!