Automatic File Importing Keeps Turning itself on

I'm using the chrome extension for Zotero and I want to import the citation without importing the file/pdf onto my computer. I keep unchecking the "Import BibTeX/RIS/Refer files into Zotero" box in the extension preferences (under Automatic File Importing) but it keeps turning itself back on as soon as I leave the page. Any idea what's going on?
  • It looks like there's a bug with the visual display of that setting. We'll fix that, but if you turn it off, it's off — it just doesn't look like it. The setting won't be enabled again unless you uncheck and re-check it.

Just to be clear:
    I want to import the citation without importing the file/pdf onto my computer
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you want to download the RIS/BibTeX file to disk for some other, non-Zotero-related purpose, without importing it into Zotero?
  • I was hoping to just store the bibliographic metadata in zotero without also storing the PDF if that's possible.
  • That's the wrong setting then. You'll want to disable "Automatically attach associated files..." in the General Tab of the Zotero (not Connector) preferences.
  • Ah, thank you!