New user, local database only, cannot see entire entry

Running zotero-5.0.85-x86_64-1_SBo on Slackware-14.2/x86_64. I just imported my jabref.bib file because the ne3w JabRef version has too many bugs still to be resolved.

When I highlight a row in bibliography display I see columns for Creator (Author), Date, and Title. Clicking on that entry does nothing. How do I view all data about that entry so I can edit it?

Rich
  • Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here?

Needless to say, we can't really provide support for an unofficial package on Slackware, but I'm curious what you're seeing.
  • Here's a screenshot of part of the window. Well, there would be one but I don't see any way of attaching the image to this thread.
  • It sounds like the right item pane is collapsed. Drag the slider on the right side of the window over to expand the pane again. You can also expand in with the View menu.
  • I'm spending too much time trying to get zotero to work. I'm going back to JabRef, but using 5.1 rather than the 5.2 development snapshots.

Thanks, dstillman.

Rich
  • As I said above, you can upload a screenshot somewhere, such as Dropbox, and provide a link here.

And as bwiernik says, there's a very good chance you just closed it by accident and can re-open it from the View menu.

But please don't waste our time by posting here if you're going to give up after multiple people have responded to you within a few minutes.