Group lib: "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted"

I am getting quite often (but not always) "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted" for PDFs in Group libraries. My groups have have File Editing enabled, are not public and use Zotero storage. I am owner of these groups (I have unlimited Zotero storage). Entries with files are added by different group members. Does it depend on how the group members are adding the files? I can see attachment name (on zotero.org or in zotero app). thanks
  • The main place this occurs is if you or another group member had their sync settings set to “Download as Needed” and then they dragged the item from another library to this library when the file wasn’t downloaded. It’s a known bug that should be fixed at some point.

For now, delete the attachment item and re-add it.
  • That would be the case if the people who added the file to the group can't open it either. If they can, this just means that they haven't successfully synced the file to the online library. To troubleshoot, see the Files Not Syncing page linked from that dialog.