Combining translator and editor roles in MLA 8

Hi,

If I have an entry where the book I am citing has been edited and translated by the same person, there doesn't seem to be a way to combine these roles in the list of contributors. I tried creating separate editor and translator entries with the same name, but it comes out as separate contributors in the citation (as expected). Is there any known workaround for this?

Instead of:

Kant, Immanuel. Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals. Edited by Mary Gregor, Translated by Mary Gregor, Cambridge UP, 1998.

I want it to read as:

Kant, Immanuel. Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals. Translated and edited by Mary Gregor, Cambridge UP, 1998.
  • The style will automatically combine these when you have the same person entered for both Editor and Translator in your Zotero data.
  • Hi bwiernik!

I have pasted above the entry generated by Zotero for MLA 8 style. I tried doing this in a new file as well, but it doesn't seem to work there either. Even now, the translator and editor are shown as two different persons. Here is my full entry again:

Kant, Immanuel. Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals. 1785. Edited by Mary Gregor, Translated by Mary Gregor, Cambridge UP, 1998.

Is this change from a recent update of MLA? (I use a style slightly customised from MLA of about 3 months ago.)

• Thank you, bwiernik.

I hate to bother, but can you please highlight which portion of the code I need to replace in my present style? (As I said earlier, I have been using a slightly modified MLA 8 style based on earlier inputs from these forums to include the "bookinbook" values and to include series names in MLA.) I'm afraid those customised features would be gone if I downloaded a new CSL.
  • Replace the other-contributors macro in your style with the other-contributors macro here
  • Thank you! This worked perfectly :)