Solved! I can't use Zotero at all in Word

edited August 16, 2020
After vacations, I had to start working again in my thesis and now Zotero doesn't work at all. I've tried with new documents, old documents and every option in the Zotero ribbon inside Word gives me the error Error in Zotero integration.
I already uninstalled Zotero and made a clean installation, also reinstalled the Zotero Word plug-in.
The only thing that changed during vacations was that I reinstalled all Office applications.
Please give me some direction on how to start troubleshooting this, I depend on Zotero to keep track of my bibliography!!!.

Edit: I solved the problem by opening Zotero as an administrator, I also manually paste the Zotero.dotm in the corresponding Word folder. After the second action nothing changed, but if somebody is looking for fixes, try that: a clean Zotero installation, manually pasting the plugin in Word, and opening Zotero as admin (mark for all users just in case, that´s what I did).
  • Please provide the exact words of the error message.
  • I solved the problem by opening Zoter as administrator. I'm trying to delete the post but I can't find how. Thanks anyway.
  • You cannot delete your post but you can edit its title. I suggest that you change the word "Help" to "Solved". That way others with a similar problem can learn from your success.
  • Now that your immediate problem has been resolved, are you running Word as administrator? What operating system? I am successfully running Zotero and Libre Office on a Mac _not_ in the administrator account.
  • I haven´t touched Word options, but it´s running as administrator now that I went and check it. Idk why. I´m on Windows 10 v.2004 build 19041.450.
  • edited August 16, 2020
    For what it's worth, running Zotero, Word, or any other standard program as administrator is strongly discouraged and definitely isn't necessary to get the plugin to work.

You should set both Zotero and Word to not run as administrator.