Group library is syncing despite being de-selected in prefs

Hello all,

Question 1:

I've got a group library while is de-selected for sync in the prefs. However, the library is sync'ing anyway. Why is this? I've restarted Zotero, etc.

Question 2:

Once I turn off sync for a group library, how do I remove it from the Zotero desktop client?

Many thanks!
  • I've got a group library while is de-selected for sync in the prefs. However, the library is sync'ing anyway. Why is this? I've restarted Zotero, etc.
    How are you syncing? If you right-click on the group and click Sync, it will sync, regardless of the prefs. It shouldn't sync via auto-sync or the main sync button in the toolbar. If you think that's happening, I'd want to see a Debug ID that shows a sync where that's happening.
    Once I turn off sync for a group library, how do I remove it from the Zotero desktop client?
    You can't, currently.
  • It was definitely continuing to sync after I had pressed 'stop' and restarted. But maybe I didn't do a full restart (on linux it seems that Zotero sometimes doesn't fully quit when you quit the UI). Now that I've restarted, the library doesn't sync any more.

Thanks - as always!
  • Hi @danstillman - actually, it does seem that the collection did sync after all.

What debug log would you like me to send? When I notice the sync, I'll just turn on debug, and send that?
  • It would need to be a debug log that actually shows the group syncing.
  • D173595364

This shows the group synching, though I didn't catch it from the start... Does that help, or do you need it from the start of the sync?

The sync started on 'it's own accord'.

Thanks!

• Yes, it's the beginning that we need.