Stuck in "Database cleanup" state after last update

A box saying Better BibTex: Initializing "Database cleanup ?/?" is popping up and not going away. Any ideas?
  • Will log output and submit. I think that goes somewhere here.
  • I forgot to mention the MAJOR problem is that the Zotero info box pops up and blocks ALL windows (stays in front of everything).

This is on Ubuntu.
  • debug id D800423537
  • Interesting, I wonder if it is the file quote storage limit being hit? I didn't realized pdfs were being saved apparently.
  • edited August 14, 2020
    You'll need to report BBT problems to the BBT developer on GitHub.

This has nothing to do with Zotero itself or your Zotero file storage quota (which is only about your online file storage anyway and has no bearing on your local usage of Zotero).
  • Thanks, I guess the notification being "on top of all applications" is Zotero.

For what it's worth, in case anyone ends up here, I closed the app and came back a bit later and there was yet another update and after another cycle of restarts the problem appears to be gone.
  • If this happens again I'd appreciate a debug log while it's happening. If it gets stuck on ?/? that means it hasn't even found whether there is anything to upgrade, never mind actually done anything in the upgrade, and I wouldn't really know what would cause it to get stuck there. A log might tell me more. @dstillman, any errors in D800423537 that seem relevant for BBT?
  • It happens now to me.
    It does not allow new items to be saved from the firefox extension.
  • I am not sure what happened: I re-started to create the debug log and the problem disappeared