Lack of the place where a congress was held

In the references Zotero does not show the place where a congress was held. APA 7th edition.
  • Could you please help me?
  • What reference type are you using in Zotero? Are you citing an item from a published proceeding or a presentation? Zotero's "conference paper" seems to be for an item in a published proceedings book and the place is the place of publication. I may be wrong but here I include the location in the conference title field: 10th annual Zotero users conference, August 1 - 3 2020, Fairfax, VA, USA.(An imaginary event)

I use the "presentation" type for unpublished conference presentations.
  • For unpublished conference presentations, use the type “Presentation”, not “Conference Paper”. The latter is for conference papers formally published in proceedings.
  • Thanks DWS-SDCA and Bwiernik
  • I tried both options. What happens is that it is a presentation at a meeting/ conference, which is then published in an abstract book. If I use Conference paper, the place where it was held does not appear. If I use Presentation I cannot put the information that there is an abstract book.
  • If it’s published, use Conference Paper. What citation style are you using?
  • Hi bwiernik. APA 7 edition
  • APA does not include the place of an event in citations to published conference proceedings. It simply cites them like a journal article or book chapter.