Custom Options for Page on Insert

Y'all --

I find myself using Kindle eBooks on a more regular basis now, and trying to cite them. Sometimes the trick of searching some other copy of the book for the page number doesn't work, so I'm pretty much forced to use a location number. The problem is that Zotero doesn't make anything other than the "standard stuff" easy to use.

Would it be possible to either add "Location" to the set of options available where the page number/etc. dropdown is, or to allow users to add things to this list through a custom configuration?

Thanks!

Russ
  • we've talked about an empty locator field, but it won't happen soon (neither will a dedicated e-book label). You know, though, that for most purposes (except ibid) you can just use the suffix field?
  • Thanks -- I'll use that for now... Is ibid the biggest problem with adding this code?

Russ
  • the only other issue that any term (like loc., locator etc.) won't switch according to the style as you change citation styles.
  • Any update on this issue?

I too frequently use Kindle editions and the Kindle 'location' is the only way to reference a particular location in some e-books. For APA7, the Suffix field does not add a comma after the year as required, i.e. (Smith, J. 2019 loc. 123) vs. (Smith J. 2019, p. 12). Adding a comma on the suffix line would give the following (Smith J. 2019 , loc. 123).
  • Adding a comma on the suffix line would give the following (Smith J. 2019 , loc. 123).
    I haven't tested, but that would be a problem for all sorts of scenarios, so that'd be a bug. You're sure about that (i.e. not adding the space manually)?