Importing RIS from Edge Chromium

[Note: I am not allowed to use Zotero browser extensions for agency security reasons.] No difficulty importing RIS files from publisher web pages using Google Chrome; click on the appropriate button and the question box "Do you want to import..." pops up in Zotero. [Separate question: Is there a setting where we can default this to "Yes" and bypass the box automagically?] However, when I use MS Edge Chromium (Version 84.0.522.40 (Official build) (64-bit)) Zotero does not seem to see the downloaded file until I manually open it. I am asked by Edge to "Save As" in a Download window, click on Save, open the file, and then the question box appears in Zotero. Minor workflow disruption. What am I doing wrong?
  • Note that this is just an Edge question, not a Zotero question — since you're not using the connector, all you're doing is setting your browser to auto-open the file. You should be able to configure Edge to do that the same way, by clicking the three dots in the download bar at the bottom and choosing "Always Open Files of This Type".
    Separate question: Is there a setting where we can default this to "Yes" and bypass the box automagically?
    No.
  • Of course! Thanks.