Crash on my iMac v. 10.15.6

My desktop app crashed after years of faultless service. Here's the message when I try to restart. I have the latest version. Help, anyone?

There was an error starting Zotero.

Error: Could not open connection to /Users/claytonlewis/Zotero/zotero.sqlite: 2152857611
openConnection/</<@resource://gre/modules/Sqlite.jsm:945:21
From previous event:
Zotero.DBConnection.prototype._getConnectionAsync@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:1119:30

• For some reason this isn't showing a better error, but this likely means that your database is corrupted, which generally happens from having your Zotero data directory in a cloud storage folder or network drive. In your case you have it in the default location, so something else might have happened. (Did you have it elsewhere previously?)

You can try to fix the damage with the DB Repair Tool, you can try to restore from one of the last automatic backups or another backup of zotero.sqlite, or, if you're using Zotero syncing and all your data has been synced and shows up online, you can simply move zotero.sqlite out of the way (with Zotero closed) and sync to pull down the data from your online library.
  • Thanks! No, the data directory has been in that default location from the beginning. I'll try your other suggestions and will get back to you.
  • Bingo! I followed directions for Restoring From the Last Automatic Backup and my app opened with my latest additions. Thanks, dstillman.
  • OK, great. It was just a regression in the latest version that caused this not to show a proper message and try that restore from the automatic backup automatically. We'll fix that for the next version.