zotero.dotm

I can't download zotero.dotm anywhere, so that I can't add-in to word. "Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is closed, and then restart Zotero" error occurred, kindly help me
  • Zotero.dotm isn't something you download — it's bundled with Zotero.

We'd want a Report ID to start.

What exact version of Word do you have?
  • You haven’t provided a Report ID or the full version of Word.
  • edited July 22, 2020
    Report Id: 1840146719 Microsoft Word 2016

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml" line: 1225}]
    getPreferenceElement@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1225:11
    userChangedValue@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1273:25
    onxblcommand@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1312:9

[JavaScript Error: "Error: Could not copy Zotero.dotm to C:\Users\NARAYANAN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP" {file: "resource://zotero-winword-integration/installer.jsm" line: 177}]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml" line: 1225}]
    getPreferenceElement@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1225:11
    userChangedValue@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1273:25
    onxblcommand@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1312:9

[JavaScript Error: "Error: Could not copy Zotero.dotm to C:\Users\NARAYANAN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP" {file: "resource://zotero-winword-integration/installer.jsm" line: 177}]

version => 5.0.88, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.88, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.23.SA.5.0.88, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.16.SA.5.0.88, extension)
  • That's still not the full version number of Word, but it probably doesn't matter.
    This is likely due to security software on your computer preventing Zotero from installing the plugin. Try temporarily disabling any such software, or see the manual installation instructions and copy Zotero.dotm to that folder manually.
  • I can't download 'Zotero.dotm' I disabled all virus scanner even though, Microsoft edge / internet explorer web browser virus scanner removing this file. I disabled this virus scanner also but its not successful

• edited July 23, 2020
    You only need to try to download it if it also doesn't exist within the application files, as explained on that page. And if that's the case, you'll need to figure out why your computer is deleting the file and get it to stop. This isn't a problem with Zotero itself — this is a standard Word template with macros. If you can't download a file, that's a problem on your computer.
  • I'm having the same issue - how can I figure out which app is blocking the download?
  • @CGRodriguezR: Only you or your IT department would know what security software you're running on your computer that might do this. That's not something we can help with.