Style request: Vancouver with page numbers

I was looking for a Vancouver style that would allow page numbers in the in-text reference e.g. (3[p.117]) but couldn't find one. So I put this together, and I thought I'd share it.

I'm not sure of the preferred way of posting styles on this forum, so I put it here: http://pastebin.com/iJzdkqNg

Here's a diff from the standard vancouver.csl: http://pastebin.com/WD6PghSF

Hope it's useful to someone!
  • That's (3,[p.117]) in the style you posted, right? pastebin is fine. I don't think we'd take this for the CSL repository unless NLM specifies it as an option.
  • No, the comma doesn't appear for me. I wasn't expecting it to -- isn't the delimiter for multiple citations? E.g. (3[p.117],9[pp.101-5]) ?
  • you're right, I looked too quickly.
  • Hi all, I found the addition highly helpful, except that the specific format does not look very beautifully ;-)

Would anybody have an idea what would need to be changed in this specific .csl to change (3,[p.117]) to (3:117)?
  • Change the `layout` section in `citation` to:

<layout prefix="(" suffix=")" delimiter=":">
    <text variable="citation-number"/>
    <text variable="locator"/>
    </layout>
  • edited July 18, 2020
    Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this does not work yet. In my text, it changed
    (3[p.740])
    into
    (3740)

and

(19,20) [which are actually two references]
    into
    (19:20)
  • Ah, sorry. This:

<layout prefix="(" suffix=")" delimiter=",">
    <group delimiter=":">
    <text variable="citation-number"/>
    <text variable="locator"/>
    </group>
    </layout>
  • Great, it works!!
    Thank you! :-)
  • This is very helpful. But the citations are not getting superscripted. May I know how can we do that? thanks in advance
  • Add vertical-align="sup" in the first line
  • Thank you very much. I am not at all familiar with the coding. So you mean to the following line?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>