Zotero Integration Error Using Microsoft Word Onedrive Autosave

Zotero will not work when using the Microsoft Word Autosave to Onedrive feature. An alert window pops up with the following message.

Zotero Integration Error
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?

Disabling the Autosave feature restores Zotero's functions.
  • edited July 9, 2020
    What version of Word are you running (the full version number)? Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero for attempting a document operation with autosaving enabled which produces an error?
  • I have the same issue!
  • @nikita99 Then you should answer my questions above

I have not been able to get a debug ID.

Solution for me has been to remove the document from OneDrive. Turning off auto-save did not work.
  • Debug ID D1943166082
  • I'm having the same problem with Onedrive. Worked fine a few days ago but today "Zotero experienced an error updating your document."

Saved it to my computer and everything works fine.
    Copied the text to a new document, tested and OK. But once I saved to OneDrive it gave the Integration error.

My Debug ID is D27239851
  • @a%2Ethomp @Dean_C If you save the file in OneDrive with a filename that has no space " " symbols, e.g. by replacing them with underscores "_" does Zotero integration work?
  • THAT WORKS!!!! Thank you!
  • @adomasven Thanks for that tip! It worked great for me.
  • I've been experiencing the same frustrations using Word and OneDrive with Zotero. Changing the file name to a single word/phrase seems to have removed the error. It's a workaround, but not one I'm too happy with, as I like my file names to have spaces in them.

Any chance that this can be fixed in future updates?
  • @johndehayes We are looking for a way to fix this but unfortunately cannot reproduce the problem ourselves at the moment. A fix will come eventually.