Can't attach PDF's to citations or have them automatically attached

I've tried attaching pdfs to items in my zotero application, and through the web uploader, and neither option is working. I am the owner and have changed the group to a private group as it was originally a public group within a larger database (?), and I have changed the library settings in the following ways;
Group type - Private
Library reading - Any group member
Library Editing - Any group members
File editing - Any group members,
But I still can't attach any files; I only have the "attach link to URL" option.
I only have myself and one other member in this group who I have made an admin also.
Any suggestions?
  • But I still can't attach any files; I only have the "attach link to URL" option.
    Meaning the other options are grayed out?

Have you synced since making the change online?
    and through the web uploader
    In what way doesn't it work online?
  • Woot woot it worked...although I still have "attach link to file" greyed out.

Now it is working is there a way to force my collection of citations to automatically find and attach the PDF's or do I need to do this manually?
    Should I start this as a new discussion?
  • edited July 8, 2020
    I still have "attach link to file" greyed out
    Linked files aren't supported in groups, because there's no guarantee that other people in your group would have access to files on your computer.
    Now it is working is there a way to force my collection of citations to automatically find and attach the PDF's or do I need to do this manually?
    Depends what you mean. Where did the items come from? Normally in Zotero you would save items from the web and usually get PDFs along with them.

If you have items already in Zotero and never had them together with files (in another Zotero library or somewhere you were importing from), you can right-click and try Find Available PDFs. See this post to understand how that works and its limitations.

Otherwise you'd need to manually add PDFs. But again, normally you would just be saving from the web and getting PDFs at the same time.
  • I'll give this a go....you have been very helpful thank you.
    Stay safe ;)