why not

why must the search icon work only on 'my library' in zotero and not also with online articles? i give kudos to Mendeley on this.
  • I mean, there's no such thing as "online articles" in general — there are thousands of different databases one could search. Zotero supports a much wider range of sources than Mendeley, and Zotero is simply designed around doing your research in your web browser and saving using the Zotero Connector.
  • Good, i just commented on the ability of search icon in Zotero to limit its results only to local embeded library. while that of mendeley will include findings from online articles, outside its/my local libraries.
  • edited July 7, 2020
    Comparative study:
    Moreover, all inbuilt capabilities as aforementioned for Zotero by you, could also be enjoyed in Mendeley. love you.

In addition, more related articles to your libraries are also being alerted for you to read, as one browse with Mendeley web importer installed browser.
  • i just commented on the ability of search icon in Zotero to limit its results only to local embeded library. while that of mendeley will include findings from online articles, outside its/my local libraries.
    Yes, and I explained why we don't try to do that. It doesn't really make sense, given Zotero's broader focus and site support.