Report Errors ID:1123991149

edited June 30, 2020
To Dstillman or Adamsmith,(I not sure who will settle this report errors)
Hi.

There has some errors was occurred since the zotero connector was started when I clicked the button of update translators of connector in plugin tab of advanced.
Here the content of errors:

[JavaScript Error: "No frame with id 16 in tab 48."]

[JavaScript Error: "The frame was removed."]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]

I was try to use some new js.files of translators.after I replace the js files in translator folder but its don't work.

so I try to clicked the button of update translators which in the zotero connector preference.
and the errors was shown up.

I want to use the fuction of the new js.files which can help me more in zotero.
My computer system is windows 10.and the chrome version is the newest.( 83.0.4103.116)
beside, my friend had test the new js.files in his Mac computer and its ok,the js files can work.
so there must be has something wrong here in my connector.
I hope can get more help from you.
Thanks.

Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Berichlove
  • What makes you think those errors are related? Are you actually seeing a new "[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]" every time you click "Update Translators"?

More generally, what's the actual problem you're experiencing?
  • edited July 1, 2020
    Hi Destillman,
    Thank you for your fast respone.

The problem I experiencing is the I can't update new js.files with zotero connector.
    like:[douban.js]+[bililil.js]

I had try few time to resent the translator folder in zotero.then move the js file into translator folder.then click the update translator in zotero connentor perfence.but these two js file fuction can't work.

The first time and second time errorsI click was as follows,
    "[JavaScript Error: "no flame with id28 in tab 12]"
    "[JavaScript Error: "no flame with id76 in tab 16]"
    "[JavaScript Error: "no flame with id100 in tab 64]"
    "[JavaScript Error: "no flame with id16 in tab 48]"
    "[JavaScript Error: "the frame was removed.]"

this one "[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]"was shown up in the last time report (report id1123991149)
    【this error mean my computer internet has problem?but before this error happen,how about the error of "no flame with idxx in tab xx"?What does this kind of error related with? 】

Hope I can make myself clear.
    I not very good at IT and English.
    I get the js files from someone github:https://github.com/xuwd/translators

and other person use this files is fine.the js files can work.but they use mac computer,I not sure if this was related?
    and the first reason let me think it may related is I saw the errors content showns up in zotero connector perference{was occurred since the zotero connector was started}.so I think the problem maybe in zotero connector here.

and the second reason is:the connector no reastion after I click update.
    The process of my operation is as follows:
    1.download 2 js.file in Github(https://github.com/xuwd/translators)
    2.copy and stick the js.file into the zotero translator folder.
    3.restart the zotero and chrome
    4.the js,file not reation.
    5.click update translator in zotero connector perence.
    6.the connector totally without any reation.(any website all no reation)

pls let me know if some place I was wrong.
    Thanks
    Berichlove
  • I doubt these errors are relevant for your issue.
    The first thing to check is that those new translator files are actually in your translators directory with a correct file extension. When I download .js files from github, Windows absolutely insists on adding a .txt extension to them which prevents Zotero from recognizing them as translators.
  • edited July 1, 2020
    Hi Adamsmith,
    so the problem is in the new translator files?not in my computer system or the chrome version?

the js.files from github,windows system will insists adding a txt extension ?

but I saw the files icon is same with the translators in zotero folder.and I didn't received computer notice insist add a txt extension of these two files.

• Also make sure that you're actually downloading the raw translator file, not the GitHub HTML page.

There was an open pull request for Douban from that person on GitHub — I assume with the same changes — that I've just accepted. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.
  • If the other translator has general appeal, they should submit it as a pull request, which I don't believe they've done.
  • I sure downlong the raw translator file,not the github html page.
    right click>>Save Link As>>
    the file is javascrip file.so I think I download right file.

I will test if my Zotero Connector has auto-update later.
    but manually by clicking Update Translators in the advanced pane of the zotero Connector preference is can't work.
    I try it so many time last night.

So you think its a issue of the file request problem?
    Do I need to contact the project programmer to modify this code?
    if yes,can you let me which part I should let him know to modify which part code?

pull request?
  • or maybe you can update the js.files?Github is open resource,right?
  • edited July 1, 2020
    The function of js.files I want get by them as follow,

For douban.js:[https://book.douban.com/]
    1.Grab the book information in douban site.also can Grab the ratings of books and movies.
    then I can sort by rating in zotero.【the rating information will show up in "Other" column in Zotero】

For bilil.js:[https://www.bilibili.com/]
    1.Zotero Connector in Chrome icon will turn into a small tv.
    2.I can snapshot/grab the video website into Zotero.

• Hi,Dstillman,
    I just check the pull request you said in this respone:
    【There was an open pull request for Douban from that person on GitHub — I assume with the same changes — that I've just accepted. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.】

I search the pull request meanning.
    That mean of "you have just accepted" is mean merge? merge the person[xuwd] code on GitHub into Zotero Official translator folder?

if so,I don't need to replaced the douban.js file into Zotero transaltor folder,Am I understand it right?