How do I remove short form pagination from Chicago author-date bibliography?

edited June 26, 2020
Currently the page span in my bibliography shows:

(...): 110–77.

I want it to show
(...): 110–177.

How can I do this in Chicago author-date 17th edition? I tried looking in the CSL file with no luck.

Full example:

Callon, Michel, and Fabian Muniesa. 2005. “Peripheral Vision: Economic Markets as Calculative Collective Devices.” Organization Studies 26 (8): 1229–50. https://doi.org/10.1177/0170840605056393.

Callon, Michel, and Fabian Muniesa. 2005. “Peripheral Vision: Economic Markets as Calculative Collective Devices.” Organization Studies 26 (8): 1229–1250. https://doi.org/10.1177/0170840605056393.

edit: also in in-line references.
edit 2: also, how do I swap out "and" with "&" in in-line references? I've been told to follow a custom style from a publisher.
  • edited June 27, 2020
    What publisher is this? Can you post a link to the style guidelines and we can make this adaptation for you.

The edits you would need to make are to change and="symbol" to and="text" and delete page-range-format="chicago" wherever they appear in the style.
  • It's being sent to a well known publisher, but it seems the research assistant before me has not used any particular style, and I'm just trying to make it consistent with their work for now.

Seems like these changes will work! What's the most consistent way of updating a document after updating a CSL file? I've tried various combinations of closing/opening Word/Zotero, deleting the style/importing it again/deleting bibliography/using the refresh button, but with limited success in seeing actual updates in my document. What's the standard order of doing it and successfully see changes in my bibliography and in-line citations?
  • Save the citation style as a different style with different title and ID (see https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step), then switch to that style.
  • I already have an unique ID. Do I change it every time I change the CSL? What works for me right now is: close Word, drag CSL file into Zotero, start Word, change citation style to a random one, then change back to the one you just updated. Simply pressing "Refresh" doesn't do anything.
  • Oh, you mean when you update your own custom citation style -- yes, changing to a different style and back is the most reliable way to do this.
    I think Refresh is supposed to also do this but may not under some circumstance,s but I'm fuzzy on that.
  • I don't think you need to close Word, though, so you can save that step.
  • It's being sent to a well known publisher, but it seems the research assistant before me has not used any particular style, and I'm just trying to make it consistent with their work for now.
    What I meant was, we can add a new style specifically for this publisher to the Zotero Style Repository. What publisher is this for, and can you share a link to the style guidelines?