Group library still will not sync

My personal library syncs fine, my group library does not. I just got a post from
fcheslack that says "looks like you had group library disabled when you created the group. We updated your group manually to enable it so you shouldn't have a problem now." I don't recall seeing where I had the group library disabled but whatever. Thanks for fixing that, but still no library. I logged out, and logged back in again. I synced manually. I did a reset to the Zotero server. The green arrow circles and circles and then says it synced successfully. Still not a single article in the group library and there is no Group Library showing in the client window.
  • edited July 23, 2009
    I now get error code 2054068509. Here is the debug output:

[unrelated output removed – D.S.]
  • Try a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Tried full sync. It said sync failed, do a manual sync. Tried that. The green arrow has been circling for half an hour. 700 citations in the database.
  • And still no Group Library in the collections window.
  • If it circles for longer than 10 minutes, it won't stop, so just restart Firefox.

Can you provide a Report ID after trying a full sync (and, if it prompts, a manual sync)?
  • Something is really amiss. Restarted Firefox. Full sync reset again. It asked me to resolve conflicts for the same 20 citations it has asked for five times today already. FINALLY got a notice that local contents have been merged with those on the server, but when you go to the Group Library, there are no citations, and no Group Library noted in my collections window.
  • Report ID is 36144743. Green arrow says successfully synced 15 min ago but no items are in the group library.
  • It asked me to resolve conflicts for the same 20 citations it has asked for five times today already.
    If the sync doesn't complete successfully, the entire transaction will repeat the next time. This would include any conflicts. You were likely getting an error icon over the sync icon and an error in Report Errors. If you're not seeing the group library, you may still be.

Is this the username that you're syncing with? I see no indication on the server that you've synced recently.

If this is the username you're trying to sync with, please generate debug output for the sync attempt and send it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread.
  • "If you're not seeing the group library, you may still be." May still be what, please?

Username is drkitty and that is the one I set the library up under. fallsaver@gmail is the account I was trying to delete.

So since that is not the username I am syncing with, do you still want me to do a debug report?
  • Username is drkitty and that is the one I set the library up under. fallsaver@gmail is the account I was trying to delete.
    I'm not really clear on what you're doing. What username do you have entered in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences? User 'drkitty' has not synced in over a week. User 'fallsaver' synced today but does not belong to any groups. These both appear to be yours. So if you're syncing with fallsaver, that's why you're not seeing any group libraries.
  • Thank you so much, that is definitely part of the problem. I did not realize that I could be logged into zotero with one name and sych with another. I did a full sync reset, which created a Group Library called FallSaver in my collections window, but there are no items in it. It also created a second collection in "My Library" also called FallSaver. The new FallSaver library in "My Library" does not want to be moved below to the Group Library collection called FallSaver. Do I just cut and paste the items rather than move the entire collection? Thanks Dan for solving this one!!
  • Do I just cut and paste the items rather than move the entire collection?
    Not copy and paste, but yes, for now, you need to drag items rather entire collections.
  • Count me another happy Zotero fan. Thanks very much and I apologize I did not figure that one out on my own.
  • And can you tell me how to delete the fallsaver@gmail profile/account?