The Plugin erases text in LibreOffice

I use Zotero with Ubuntu 18.04, LibreOffice and the corresponding plugin. When I insert a second citation in the same paragraph, Zotero understands the previous citation was modified and ask me to change it. I don't have a choice, because saying no won't add the new citation. It completely erases phrases that I have added and come back to a previous point. Do you know what can I do?
  • If you open Document Preferences in the Zotero plugin do you store citations as ReferenceMarks or Bookmarks? Bookmarks have a tendency to go corrupt and produce this sort of erratic behavior, and you have to be much more careful about editing text around your citations when using Bookmarks. If not, see debugging broken documents.
  • For some reason, I don't have access to the plugin "options". LibreOffice documentation seems not helping on that.
  • edited July 18, 2020
    Now I found it. I have the citations stored as Reference Marks. Does it mean I have a different problem? Maybe I should make a copy of the document to see if the problem persists.
  • Go through the debugging broken documents instructions.
  • edited July 20, 2020
    I've made a copy of the file and the problem persists - or gets worst. The entire paragraph is automatically changed by Zotero when I insert a second citation or modify a previous one. I'm not able to follow all the debugging instructions. Do you see many cases like this with Linux/LibreOffice?
  • No, this isn't common.
    What's the problem with following the other debugging instructions?
  • I followed the steps, except 10. The problem is not in a single part, is persistent.
  • edited July 20, 2020
    To debug this, we'd still need an excerpt that demonstrates the problem. Unless you can reproduce this in a brand new empty document, that's what the last step is for.
  • I've tried different options. I copied the text to a new document, cleaned all the formatting, erased and replaced citations. When I insert a citation again it also changes the line spacing. I must repeat all the work since the formatting and can't move forward. I don't know how to show you the problem and I'm also short of time.
  • Sorry, but I don't know what you're saying here. The last step on the debugging page tells you how to quickly cut down your document to a small portion that demonstrates the problem, which you can send to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread. That's what we'd need to be able to help you.