Problem registering with zotero.org

I am not able to register my regular email id with Zotero. The message pops up as - email is not available.
How can I use the same email id which I have been using for my academic purposes?
could you help me?
  • edited November 9, 2018
    You've already registered an account with that email address.
    You can reset the password at https://www.zotero.org/user/lostpassword if you don't remember it.
  • A collaborator of mine had the same problem: "Email not available" when using direction@rpns.ca. She tried to retrieve a lost password, and it said there was no account linked to that email address. She used "dgobvrpns" as a username, so it's not the issue of using an email address as a username you've identified in another post.

My collaborator was finally successful using her Hotmail address, but since it's for work purposes and she will need to get her whole team to create Zotero accounts, this is not a viable solution.

Could you please investigate further why certain email addresses are "not available" despite not having an account attached to them? Thank you!
  • @marielsj: Should be the same answer as above. That address has a pending validation request from another account. She should be able to reset the password for the other account by entering the email address.

We'll be making adjustments to this so that an unconfirmed validation request doesn't prevent an email address from being registered with another account, though in this case it's not clear that the original account isn't the appropriate account for it. For now, email registration@zotero.org if you don't want the email address associated with the other account.
  • They should now be able to add that email address to their correct account.