Problème de NOM/Prénom dans citation bas de page

Bonjour,

Je souhaite citer en bas de page des sources que j'ai utilisé. j'utilise le modèle Chicago manual of Style 17th edition (full note, with Ibid).
Zotéro me supprime parfois les prénoms des auteurs et je ne comprends pas pourquoi. Par exemple, je souhaitais citer en premier lieu une source avec le numéro de page car il s'agit d'une citation.
En deuxième lieu, je souhaitais citer la même source mais sans numéro de page car je reprends une idée générale et voilà ce que cela me fait :

1- Marie-France Garcia, Nathalie Jas, et Benoît Leroux, « L’agriculture biologique et ses produits. Entre institutionnalisation marchande et repositionnement éthique », Regards Sociologiques 50‑51 (2017): 25.
2- Garcia, Jas, et Leroux, « L’agriculture biologique et ses produits. Entre institutionnalisation marchande et repositionnement éthique ».

Il s'agit de la même source, la seule chose qui change est l'indication de la page. Comment cela se fait-il ?
  • That's just Chicago style. Chicago recommends shortened notes for subsequent citations. You can Google "chicago style subsequent" for many pages explaining this.
  • Thank you. But can I use "Ibid/ Op.Cit" instead or should I let the footnote as it is ?

I think my professors prefer "Ibid/Op.Cit" but I am afraid that if I change anything, then It won't be Chicago Style anymore and therefore my footnot won't be consistent ?
  • If these are directly next to each other, you should indeed get ibid if you're using the "with ibid" version of the style (make sure you are actually using that. There's a Chicago variant, "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note, short title subsequent)" that would print exactly what you're seeing.

If you are still getting the above, can you test in a new document? With other items?
  • Thank you!!
    I tested it in a new document and "Ibid" works!
    But it seems that Chicago style does not have "Op.Cit". Is that right ?

Do you think it would be coherent if I am using Ibid but not Op.cit in my essay ?
  • Yes, I would recommend not using "op. cit." as it makes it difficult for readers to follow.
  • (And the Chicago Manual recommends against op.cit, so this is definitely coherent)