Web Page title

How can I insert a second line in the title of a web page? it works if I copy paste a title with multiple lines!
  • Titles in Zotero — and in bibliographic output in general — don't have multiple lines. (If you get one via copy/paste, that's a fluke, it may stripped in various place, and you shouldn't depend on it.)
  • There is currently some work being done — as part of the Citation Style Language that Zotero uses — to expand support for subtitles. Right now, subtitles can only be separated from titles by a colon, and Zotero will parse them automatically, but in the future I believe it may be possible to specify a subtitle explicitly. That's not the same as multiple lines, though. If you give an example of what you're referring to, we might be able to say more.
  • Also note that line separation is not typically considered to be part of the title, but just typography. If a title is split into two lines, that is usually separating a title and subtitle. When this title is cited, they would be separated by a colon rather than a new line.
  • Ah, OK — so then @lpereira0629, if the whole thing is the title, you should just put it in the Title field separated by a colon, and if you generate citations the subtitle will be handled appropriately by the citation style you're using.
  • Thanks
    I'm using Zotero a bit differently in addition to the normal citation