Error updating my document (word) but only in Chicago full note

Hi, I've got a word document with no citations in (yet) and I'm getting this when I try to add a citation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\zotero.exe
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

I've tried to follow the troubleshooting instructions. Copying and pasting into a new document doesn't work, and it seems to be fine with some citation styles and not others (I need to use Chicago full note).

It's quite worrying that when I go back to my other bigger document I'm getting the same problem. Before I do the whole of step 10 on my big doc, I'm concerned because the little doc doesn't have any citations in it and it has the same problem.

I'd really appreciate some advice!
Thanks

These are the report IDs
[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]
[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

I'm using Word for Microsoft 365 MSO 32-bit on Windows 10 home version 1903
  • Can you insert a citation in a new, empty document?

If you can, you'll need to follow the debugging steps in full for the existing document. If you can delete all the content in the copied document and the problem still occurs, send the document to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • I just wanted to follow up to say that the following day when I went to follow the debugging steps, everything was working in both documents.

A mystery, but fortunately I don't have to solve it. Thanks for your help!