AMA style referencing not updating

Hi There,
I have been using Zoltero for a very long time and have never experienced the following issue. I have deleted two sentences which had citations from a document. However upon refreshing the bibliography the two deleted references remain listed. I have checked and rechecked that they are not used in text anywhere other than the deleted sentences and there are not. The in text references also jump from 1 to 4, not 2 or 3 yet in the bibliography the two deleted references are listed as 2 and 3. I have opened and restarted both word and zoltero, no luck. I have changed the referencing style to try and identify if these deleted references are "hidden" somewhere in the document, no luck. Please assist
  • Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated. Unfortunately no luck. Any other ideas?
  • Turn on field codes (see step 9) and then search your document for those stray references. It is possible that there is some remnants of code left that cause the ghost entries in the bibliography.
  • Yeah, it seems odd that step 9 (i.e. the field codes) wouldn't help.
    But if it really doesn't, other things to try:
    1. Delete and reinsert the bibliography and, if that doesn't help
    2. After re-inserting, click on Add/Edit bibliography and see if you can click "Reset bibliography" to remove any edits