Zotero Connector for Edge throws a notification in devtool on every opened page

For example, like this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av7yB71GRfhCk9R8QYW5z0YLHA6pRw?e=RYQ0v6
I think it maybe relate to directly using Zotero connector for Chrome's code, but edge extensions uses extensions:// scheme instead.
  • Edge extensions use the same design as Chrome extensions (they both use Chromium as a base). If you’ve enabled installation of Chrome extensions and installed the Zotero extension from the Chrome store, you don’t have to worry about this message.
  • @lychichem That is Edge trying to load a sourcemap file, which we don't bundle with the extension, but a third-party library we're using includes a line specifying where to look for one. I don't know why it's trying to load it from chrome-extensions://, although I suspect Edge has an alias between chrome-extensions:// and extensions:// and the reason that file is not loaded is because it's not there, not because the protocol is wrong. The Zotero Connector doesn't have a single instance of hardcoded URLs like that, browser.extensions.getURL() is used throughout.

Anyway, thanks for reporting. We'll remove the sourcemap line in the next update so the error is not thrown anymore.
  • @adomasven Thanks for your reply. I'm waiting for the new update now.