Line spacing in reference list

Hi everyone. I'm using Zotero on google docs. I was able to add my reference list (in "Cell" style - which I've always used), however, the spacing is single spaced, even between references.

For example:
Akimoto, T., Pohnert, S.C., Li, P., Zhang, M., Gumbs, C., Rosenberg, P.B., Williams, R.S., and Yan, Z. (2005). Exercise stimulates Pgc-1alpha transcription in skeletal muscle through activation of the p38 MAPK pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 280, 19587–19593.
Alberts, B., Johnson, A., Lewis, J., Raff, M., Roberts, K., and Walter, P. (2002). Blood Vessels and Endothelial Cells. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 4th Edition.

Zotero will not put a space between them. When I try adjusting the spacing from the google docs feature "Line spacing", it works, but then if I refresh the document, it goes back to single spaced like the example above. I find that this only happens on google docs, as I've used Microsoft Word before and didn't have this issue.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue in google docs?
  • This is set in the citation style.
    Is this specified in the journal's guidelines?
  • I'm not too sure? On Microsoft Word, the spacing between the references is correct for the same citation style, so I think this is a weird issue with Google Docs.
  • Cell doesn't specify a specific spacing for the bibliography, so the style doesn't set one. So, the bibliography will just adopt whatever spacing is set for the "Normal" style in your word processor.
  • Oh thank you! I updated "Normal" style and that seemed to fix it :)
  • Never mind, it didn't work. After Zotero refreshed the list, it was single spaced again :(
  • Have you find the solution? I am having the same problem. Any citation style I use, there is no spacing between citations. I tried updating the normal style which fixed it temporarily but reverted to no spacing after I added another citation.

I tried creating my own citation style and editing entry-spacing attribute to 2 in visual editor. It has no effect in google-docs while having effect in libre office.
  • +1, I am still having the same problem in zotero 6.0.19, zotero connector 5.0.100
  • This is also in Google Docs?
  • yes, it is still in google docs. I did try modifying the citation style, and I was not able to change the spacing between citations using "entry-spacing". I could easily change other aspects of the rendering of the citation (like "hanging-indent", and line-spacing"), but I could not seem to change the space between citations.