Author names are incorrectly formatted from the new pubmed site

Instead of "Patterson GA, Todd TR, Cooper JD, Pearson FG, Winton TL, Maurer J. Airway complications after double lung transplantation. Toronto Lung Transplant Group. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1990;99(1):14‐21."

this format its citing as

"GA, TR, JD et al................"

How to fix this
  • We pushed out a fix for this several days ago, shortly after PubMed made the change.

We can tell you how to fix this, but can you first provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the PubMed page?

Then, in Zotero, go to Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript, paste in the following code, run it, and let us know the result:

return new Date( await Zotero.DB.valueQueryAsync("SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='repository'") * 1000) + "\n" + new Date(await Zotero.DB.valueQueryAsync("SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='lastcheck'") * 1000) + "\n" + Zotero.Translators.get("3d0231ce-fd4b-478c-b1d3-840389e5b68c").lastUpdated;
  • Hi,, I am not an expert in doing this stuff. Is there any easy fix for this.....
  • I provided instructions. If there's something you don't understand, you'd have to say what it is.
  • This is the debug id. D1180881986

What should i do now
  • That's a Debug ID from Zotero, not from the Zotero Connector for loading the PubMed page.

And you didn't do the second part of what I asked.

You don't need to understand how any of this works — you just need to follow the instructions I provided.
  • This is the result after running the code

Tue May 26 2020 12:50:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
    Tue May 26 2020 12:50:01 GMT+0530 (IST)
    2020-05-20 05:50:00
  • OK, thanks — that part looks good.

So then we just need the Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the PubMed page.
  • Sorry. I am not sure how to get the Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the PubMed page

How should i do it
  • Hi .. My pubmed page is not loading
  • I am not able to load pubmed page from zotero connector and pubmed page is not opening from my chrome browser
  • Unless that's a problem that goes away after you disable the Zotero Connector, that's not something we can help with.
  • Inspite of uninstalling zotero connector, the problem persists
  • Is it anything related to running the code...... I have tried to uninstall zotero connector.. Problem persists... Have you faced this trouble.. Just the pubmed site is not opening... i am in middle of writing my thesis... kindly help me get out of this
  • edited May 26, 2020
    No, again, if the problem persists after disabling the Zotero Connector, this has nothing to do with Zotero, and we can't help you with it. The PubMed site loads fine for me.
  • The pubmed site loads in my mobile. Just happened after running this code.. Thats why i thought. The other thing is this happens only with my wifi... It loads well if i connect with the mobile hotspot...
  • No, it has nothing to do with the code you ran.