Item type for online news pieces incl video

What item type(s) do you think are appropriate for different types of online news content? When pulling metadata from an article on a news outlet's website, Zotero's default is to recognise it as a webpage. I have been changing the item types in these cases to 'news article', but perhaps best to leave as webpage?

Another format I want to cite are clips of news broadcasts on Youtube. Should these be cited as Video Recordings (which is what Zotero defaults to), TV broadcasts or something else? They are uploaded by the original broadcaster and likely originally aired on a network channel somewhere.
  • For online new content, it doesn't make that much difference usually whether it is "Newspaper Article" or "Webpage". Generally, I would recommend Newspaper Article for these.

For YouTube videos, using Video Recording will be the best.
  • When it comes to citations of Youtube videos, MLA 8 requires that the name of the uploader to be included in the citation in the following format.

“Tom Stoppard in Conversation with Hermione Lee.” YouTube, uploaded by The Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, 14 July 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdfjluf0nNs.

I am not sure where to include the name of the uploader in the Zotero meatdata for the item type "Video recording." Is there any field in Extras to add this?
  • That’s not possible without editing the CSL style, no.
  • Ah, thanks. Will have to add it manually then. But I hope this will probably be included in some future revision.