Style Request: Edinburgh University Press

edited May 19, 2020
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help create a style sheet for Edinburgh University Press. I've been struggling to use the visual editor to edit the closest style (I may be wrong but the closest I could see was the Cambridge University Press author-date style sheet). I could really use some help especially with the book section and online sources.

In-text citation:
(Campbell & Pedersen 2007)
(Mares 2001)

Bibliography:

Campbell, J. L., & Pedersen, Ove. K. (2007), 'The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success', Comparative Political Studies, 40: 3, 307–332.

Mares, I. (2001), 'Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?', In P. A. Hall & D. Soskice (eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 184–213.

Additional info (from the in-house style-sheet I have a copy of that isn't online, unfortunately...):

-Bibliography for Internet citation:
Woods, Gaby (2004), ‘Meet Marnie … ’, The Observer, 18 July, (last accessed 7 December 2005).
-Book titles, journal titles and webpage titles italicised
-For pages in in-text citation, the format is colon space page number instead of comma and pp. (Campbell & Pederson 2007: 34)

Thank you very much!

Kat
  • See here for instructions on how to request a style: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles

Please edit your post to provide the missing information.
  • Thank you so much, I have now edited my request, I hope I was able to provide everything needed. Thanks in advance!
  • edited May 19, 2020
    @curiouskat
    I'll also need a link to the citation guidelines and a freely available paper. Have a look at the requesting-styles guidelines again.

Also, this publishing house seems to publish books, but also a variety of journals. From a quick look, these all seem to have various styles?
  • Hi damnation,

Thank you so much for your reply. Apologies if the above isn't enough information for a style sheet request, I did check their journals but their guidelines are different from the books style sheet I was sent. After much searching for an exact match, I got in touch with EUP and was thankfully told that I can use any style as long as it is consistent, so I am withdrawing my request. Thanks very much.
  • That's what I had thought ;)