URL not clickable?

edited May 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a minor but really annoying problem:
in my group library I can't click the URLs of my entries. With my "normal" libraries this works just fine: when I hover over "URL" my cursor changes and I can click "URL" so that it opens an internet address or even the location of the file on my computer. In my group library the URL isn't clickable, but I know that this was possible in the past.

Is there somewhere a setting for this or is this a bug? How can I fix it?

Edit: I just discovered that it does work with internet addresses but does NOT with file locations. I know that this was possible in the past.

Thanks a lot,

Anna :)
  • The "URL" label should be clickable in all libraries, and if you don't have write access to the library, clicking the URL itself should open. (If you do have write access, that will obviously open the field for editing.)

If you think it's not working, can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here?
  • I just discovered that it does work with internet addresses but does NOT with file locations. I know that this was possible in the past.
    This has however nothing to do with the fact that it is in a group library. It doesn't work in my libraries either.

I'm sorry I didn't get that right in my first description.
  • I'm afraid that's by design and likely just used to work by accident. Filepaths are not URLs.