New Style Request: SEPR, Technological University Dublin

Hi

I would like to request a new style as I have been unable to find a suitable style in Zotero that meets the requirements of my PhD supervisors.

An example of the style can be found here:
https://arrow.dit.ie/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1041&context=aaschmedbk

This style request applies to PhD candidates with SEPR, Technological University Dublin. I don’t have an online example of the style.

The in text citations need to look like this: (Denzin, 1986: 12).

Note the comma after the author and the space after the colon. The closest I can find is ASA, but this won’t give me a space after the colon and a comma after the author.

The bibliographic reference to look like this:

Denzin, N. K., Lincoln, Y. S., and Smith, L. T. (2008) Handbook of Critical and Indigenous Methodologies. Thousand Oaks: SAGE.

With ASA I get a variation without the year in parenthesis, and with a full first name rather than an initial.
  • We need the exact information requested here:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles

Specifically, we need the Mares and the Campbell/Pedersen references formatted according to the style. We also need a link to the style guidelines.
  • Thank you. I can't answer that info straight away. I'll check in with my supervisors.
  • Hi,

I now have the correct format for the Campbell/Pedersen references formatted to the style from my supervisors:

Mares, I. (2001) 'Firms and the welfare state: when, why and how does social policy matter to employers', in P., A. Hall and D., Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, pp. 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K., (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: [Accessed 2 July 2019].

Unfortunately, there are no style guidelines. I hope you can still help.

Many thanks, Jonathan

• Hi Again,

There was a typo in the previous entry in that I left out the url. I've amended the entry below.

Also, my italics are disappearing when I post. The title of the journal, Comparative Political Studies, should be in italics and the title of the book, Varieties of Capitalism, should be in italics.

Mares, I. (2001) 'Firms and the welfare state: when, why and how does social policy matter to employers', in P., A. Hall and D., Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, pp. 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K., (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: [Accessed 2 July 2019].

• Ok, it looks like the system removes URLs from posts.
  • Hi Again

And apologies. There were commas in the previous entry after initials that should not have been there. I've been assured these are now correct:

Mares, I. (2001) 'Firms and the welfare state: when, why and how does social policy matter to employers', in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, pp. 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K. (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: [Accessed 2 July 2019].
  • Are you wrapping the URLs in < > ?
  • Yes, thanks bwiernik.
  • edited July 7, 2019
    Type this instead of the actual < > characters:
    &lt; &gt;

• Mares, I. (2001) 'Firms and the welfare state: when, why and how does social policy matter to employers', in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, pp. 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K. (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: <https://doi.org/10.1177/001010414006286542>; [Accessed 2 July 2019].
  • Mares, I. (2001) 'Firms and the welfare state: when, why and how does social policy matter to employers', in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, pp. 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K. (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: <https://doi.org/10.1177/001010414006286542>[Accessed 2 July 2019].

Campbell, J. L., and Pederson, O. K. (2007) 'The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success', Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–32. Available at: <https://doi.org/10.1177/001010414006286542>[Accessed 2 July 2019].
  • Hi, I'm having some problems with the end of the URL entry. It seems to hyperlink [Accessed

and there should be a space before [Accessed but it won't put in the arrow character if I leave space
  • Don’t worry about that.
  • Thanks bwiernik. Is there anything else I need to do?
  • Hi bwiernik

what's the next step with this style request. Will anyone be able to implement it and is there anything else I need to do? Thanks. I don't know how it works but really keen to be able to use the style asap. Thanks, Jonathan
  • I had sent you a PM a while ago.
  • Thanks Damnation. I'm really sorry but I don't see that. Is PM private message?

• Hi Again, I hadn't noticed the private email/message function. I have it now and will respond to you directly. Thank you so much!
  • Hello damnation,
    could you help me with similar challenge JC88 was facing?

I want my index citation to look like this: (Faisal, 2007: 12).

I am currently using Cranfield University- Harvard style and the bibliography matches with my universities recomendation, just that the in text citations looks different. it has the standard citation as (Faisal, 2007 pg. 20) instead of what I have shown above.

Thank you.
  • Hello JC88, can you kindly share you style link with me. I think i need the exact format you are using. I will be very grateful if you could share it.
    Thank you.
  • Hello, could someone kindly assist me on my request?
  • edited May 19, 2020
    Which university are you at?
    If it's for TUD or TUD-SEPR I have those styles
  • SEPR; Roehampton University