Global find and replace

I've looked through the discussions and documentation and am seeing different (or old) information about a global find and replace function. Does Zotero have one? I see that you can do this within records, but can one do it in the entire library? Say, there's a mispelling in many references-- can one correct them all at once?
  • If you use Python, you can use PyZotero to do batch editing. Nothing more accessible at the moment I’m afraid. Batch editing is planned for the relatively near term, likely Zotero 5.2.
  • Would this 5.2 batch editing feature permit searching for a subject word and then adding globally a TAG? I used Procite for decades and then had to advocate for Endnote to have many of the same equivalent features and now need them in Zotero! (:}
  • You can already assign a tag to search results in two steps (search & drag to the tag). If you mean setting automatic tech assignment based on search terms, I doubt that'd be happening anytime soon.
  • Adamsmith, thanks! I have a new Covid-19 group database: Addressing Human Needs Amid the Covid-19 Pandemic. We are adding oodles of items without TAGS and don't even have TAGS decide upon. The worry is if we don't do this now it is too late. I'm thinking add content now and later search for say "vaccine*" later, find 50 records, and do a globit edit like you could do in Endnote to say add VACCINES as a TAB or at the very least VACCINES to note. You may be able to drag each record from a search to a tag, but not all of them, right?
  • edited May 6, 2020
    No, you can drag all of them. (if you're using advanced search, you'd have to take an extra step and create a saved search, but from there, same idea -- you could even keep the saved search open for future reference)