Tag problem between Web Library and local library

I have a colored tag that does not disappear from the Web library when I delete it from my Zotero program on my PC. The tag is named "## Does not disappear" without quotation marks. It is a colored tag with the blue color on the second row of the color selector (partly colorblind). I have tried to rename it, change the color, remove the color, all to no avail. It will not disappear from my online library. If I delete it in my local it is only greyed out in my online library. Is there a way to clear unused tags so that they are completely removed from the online library as well?
  • Is the tag still visible in your desktop Zotero program? If it doesn't and you have synced, it should disappear from the Web Library as well.

I've noticed that it might take a few minutes for it to actually disappear in the Web Library (and you need to refresh the page), did that happen in your case as well?
  • edited April 28, 2020
    It has disappeared from my desktop program and I have forced a sync several times, but it does not disappear in the Web library even after refreshing the page, but the name of the tag is displayed in light grey.
  • edited April 28, 2020
    We will look into this.

In the meantime you could try the following workaround:

1. Recreate the tag in your desktop Zotero (by, for example adding it to a single item, it needs to be identical in terms of characters used, i.e. based on your first post the tag you create should say exactly "## Does not disappear" without quotation marks)
    2. Right click on the newly created tag in the tag selector, select "Delete Tag..."
    3. Force sync.

After taking this steps, hopefully this tag should disappear from the Web Library when you refresh the page.
  • I have tried your solution both earlier and now again, but the tag is not removed from the Web Library.
    I can change the name of the tag in my desktop program and it is reflected in the Web Library. I can also change the color of the tag in my desktop program and it is reflected in my Web Library, but if I remove the color from the tag in my desktop program it is not removed from the Web Library, and finally if I delete the tag from my desktop program it is not deleted from the Web Library. It is a minor nuisance, but not more than that, but nevertheless not what is expected. Might the color connected with the tag be part of the problem?
  • Is this in your library or in a group library you have write access to?
  • It is in my library.