Error Saving Profile

New to the platform and I am trying to save my profile but I keep getting "Error Saving Profile"

Any ideas?
  • It looks like you successfully saved it at some point. Are you still having issues or did this resolve itself?
  • Thank you for reaching out.

I never figured out why it wouldn't save more than a few characters with the free account. I ended up upgrading to a paid account at which point it saved the bio without a problem. There must be a character limitation, I just couldn't find it.

It is a great tool and I will be starting a masters program in the fall so it made sense to sign up for the extra storage.

Thanks again,
    JW
  • Just to be clear, the storage subscription would just be a coincidence. It doesn't change anything with your profile.
    There is a character limit for fields in your profile, but that should also be noted in the error message when it's preventing saving.

Glad you've got things sorted out though (and that you're finding Zotero useful).
  • Nothing in the error message about what field was having the problem. I had to deduce that myself. The error statement was literally just "Error Saving Profile".
  • Same problem here. Trying to update my profile while creating a group in Zotero. The only message is "Error Saving Profile". All fields are filled in. Any insight would be most appreciated!
  • I have been having the same problem. It seems to be related to the "location" field. If I leave it blank it saves fine, but no matter what I enter otherwise it shows the error.
  • Several months later - same problem. I tried erasing the information in the "location" field, but it still gave an error message.
  • Success! In the accounts page, I asked the system to reverify my email address, and then I was able to make changes. I hope this helps people in the future.
  • Ok, this worked once, but didn't allow additional edits in the same session.