find and remove duplicates

I haven't seen a way to find and remove duplicates in a collection. Have I missed this?
Thanks. Kathleen
  • One way to manage duplicates more easily might be if you can see which Collection an item's in. When I import from RefWorks, Zotero creates an Imported <date> collection. If I could see which collection an item is in, then if there's a duplicate, and it's in the Imported collection it's easy to decided which of a duplicate to delete or manage in other ways. If you're not importing from another database you can always save new items into a 'New items' collection - then check in My Library and delete accordingly.

This is still a manual process, but given users might want to check items anyway, even if there is a duplicate checking function, we will still check items individually. (I certainly do with a sophisticated duplicate file-checker program).

Is there a way in 1.0.10 to see which Collection an item is in? Or could this easily be implemented in 1.0.10 and/or 2?
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/tips_and_tricks
    To see all the collections an item is in, hold down the “Option” key on Macs or the “Control” key on Windows. This will highlight all collections that contain the selected record.
    And, as per the thread, there is basic & improving dup detection in Zotero 2.
  • Hi Noksagt

"And, as per the thread, there is basic & improving dup detection in Zotero 2. " - Do you know where they have hidden dup detection? I cannot readily find it in zotero 2.02...
  • It's not there yet. This thread seems to have the most recent posts on the topic: Zotero Forums - Duplicate detection?