tag management

Hi there, is there any way to see which tags only apply to one item?
Also: is there any way to rename more than one tag at the same time?
Related: is there any way to select more than one tag when they don't belong to the same item?
I haven't quite figured out the use case of coloured tags (apart from people wanted them) are they supposed to have some kind of hierarchical tagging function?
I'm sure, years ago, there was a request for hierarchical tagging, is that still on the agenda?

Sorry for the abruptness - don't often use tags and mine are a disaster zone, even after deleting the automatic additions -- I suspect many of mine were too old to be cleared that way. So now I'm looking at trying to organise them and yikes.
  • I'm not aware of any way to do most of the things on your list, but doing an advanced search might help with this one:

> "is there any way to select more than one tag when they don't belong to the same item?"

It sounds like what you want is to find items that have Tag 1 OR Tag 2 OR Tag 3... If you open the advanced search (the magnifying glass on the toolbar), you can put in a list of tags and set the "Match" option to "any". You can then save the search, and you'll have a folder that includes all the items with Tag 1 or Tag 2...

Hope that's of some help.